Today I have decided to do a ELF cosmetics haul. I actually ordered this stuff back in December, however this actually allows me to give a short review on the products I have began using.
ELF is an American based brand that selling all kinds of makeup and skincare products. A few months ago they shut down the UK store but I guess there was a lot of demand for it, as it came back!! My package took just under 2 weeks to come which I think is pretty good considering that it came from the US. Nothing was broken when I received it so overall I think it was pretty good.
When I placed my order they were running 2 offers: free delivery and a free product package when you spend a certain amount. Delivery to the UK is normally £2.95 or free over £25. There is normally some kind of deal on but some are better than others.
The Products:
The first thing I picked up was a pack of pencil sharpeners (how exciting!). I brought this because I needed a big-holed one to sharpen eyeshadow sticks. I didn't actually realise that the single one came with pack but they are always handy to have for eyeliners.
Next I picked up this 'bronzer kit' although I would class it more a contour kit, as it has 2 bronzer shade, a more pinky toned blush shade and a matte-ish highlighter colour. It is quite compact which makes it really handy for traveling. I love how the packaging is so sleek with the matte black. This is in the shade 'warm' but I believe there is at least one darker shade available.
I also picked up corrective concealer palette which has two shade of skin tone colour and then two colour correcting ones. The green shade is good for concealing dark under circles and the pink shade works well for sorting out redness. I really like the texture of these concealers as they are really creamy which means they blend out really easily. I honestly need to find something like this that is easier to access as some of the shades have already hit pan.
I decided to try one of their blush and bronzer duo's as I have heard a lot of people say that they are good dupes for the Nars ones (which is a bit out of my price bracket). The one I picked up is in the shade 'St. Lucia'. Both products have a soft texture and work well on the kin. The blush is a really nice natural pink colour and the bronzer is a really nice one for contouring.The freebies!
When I made my order they were running an offer that you would get bundle of 6 products when you spent over £15 (which is the main reason why I ordered at this point). The products that were included things for your whole face, apart from a base.
The first product I received was actually brush (which silly me forgot to take a picture of). It was a tapered blush brush which is really nice for highlighter as it fit perfectly on my cheekbones.
Next, they included a blush in the shade 'mellow mauve'. It is a kind of dusky pink shade with quite brown undertones which means it is a really natural flush. This has actually been the product that I have used almost daily since it arrived.
I also received one of their baked eyeshadows in the shade 'toasted'. It is a really pretty bronze colour, which are my favourite shades to wear as they are so versatile. However, I do find that you have to press quite hard to get much colour pigment.
Next I got the '3-in-1 Mascara'. It promises to lengthen, volumise and define. I do find that when I have used it, it is good at lengthening and define but not as good at giving volume. The wand is a really different shape to normal wands you tend to see but I do find the ball on the end can add to much to the inner corner of your eye. 
The final eye product I got was a liquid eyeliner. I don't really wear eyeliner too much as I struggle to get it on right. However, I have tried this out a few times and it is so so easy to apply. The line is a really fine, opaque black line so seems like a good one to me.
The final product I picked up was one of there mineral lipsticks in the shade 'beautiful berry'. When I first saw this on the preview image I was a little bit concerned about the colour not suiting me. But I was totally wrong, I absolutely love the colour and think it is perfect for the autumn and winter months.That is everything that I picked up recently from ELF. Its kind of hard to believe that all of that was only just over £15. I hope you have enjoyed this post and don't forget to leave a comment down below with some post ideas that you would like to see in the near future.
Love Lauren
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment